Be Confident Parent Carer Training
- Event Date: 18th January 2019
- Event Time: 9.30am to 2.15pm
- Event Venue: Woodley Airfield Youth Centre, Hurricane Way, Woodley, Berkshire, RG5 4UX
- Event Speaker: Karen Sheen
Would you like to;
- Understand the SEND system?
- Build confidence to secure the best outcomes for your family?
- Work in partnership with services?
- Understand outcomes and how to express them within planning?
- Understand the Local Offer and how to access services?
A FREE one-day workshop aimed at parent carers who are just starting their journey with “the system”. It will cover information for those with children and young people on SEN Support as well as those who may be looking at EHCP’s. A buffet lunch will be provided. For more information or to book email Terri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some more information about what will be covered in the Be Confident Training
The day looks at the person-centred planning tools that families can use for either plan as well as multi-agency meetings and how to get the best from them and covers:
Workshop for Parent Carers, this will provide them with basic knowledge of the Children & Families Act (2014). To enable them to be confident to participate in planning and reviews for their own children.
Aims of the course
Understanding of the SEND system, to build confidence to secure the best outcomes for their family.
- To enable Parent Carers to work in partnership with services.
- Understand outcomes and how to express them within planning.
- To build confidence to consider using experiences within a Parent Carer Forum
Outcomes from the training
Broad understanding of the Children and Families Act and what it means for families.
- An understanding of the environment surrounding families of children with disabilities, the language, jargon & who’s who!
- Explanation of the Local Offer and how to access services
- Improve confidence in attending multi-agency meetings and how to achieve the best from them
- An introduction to Person Centred Planning tools to help when making decisions and setting priorities
- Develop an understanding of how to express outcomes within the Education, Health and Care system
Participant Feedback from previous courses
“This was an excellent course. It has given me the confidence to approach the LA without feeling inadequate”
“Fantastic course, relevant, helpful, informative, relaxed, encouraging, real, very grateful for opportunity to attend”
“Use extra confidence for own child in short term but med-longer term to be increasingly involved and contribute to parent forum and helping improve outcomes for children with additional needs and SEN”